Create an Ethfinex API key
- Go to API.
- Create a new customised API Key by pressing Create New Key.
- Configure the API key permissions, corresponding to what features you would like. See our recommendations under the API Set-up Mode below.
- Label your API key and generate.
The Ethfinex APIs are designed to allow access to all of the features of the Ethfinex platform. The documentation follows that of Bitfinex, which can be found here.
It is essential that you store your API keys in a secure location and treat it like a password. Anyone with access to your API keys can take control of your account. Minimise risk by only enabling certain permissions - we recommend for Withdrawals to be left empty.
An overview of Ethfinex API documentation can be found here.
API Configuration Mode
There are two standard setups which we recommend:
- Read-only Mode: Allows you to monitor your account but not make changes (safest option)
- Full-access Mode: Everything is enabled besides Withdrawals
We always recommend for Withdrawals to be left empty due to a higher risk of infiltration.