There are a number of steps users can take to ensure the safety of their funds.
Immediately upon setting up your Ethfinex account, we recommend for you to implement the following features:
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Lock withdrawals when a new IP address is used.
- Setup a withdrawal confirmation phrase.
- Lock or disable withdrawal addresses for all currencies.
- Disable "Keep Session Alive".
- Limit access to your account based on IP address.
- Enable PGP email encryption.
We strongly advise for all of our users to create a strong password, which is both unique to your Ethfinex account and supported by 2FA. Your overall security score can be found in the top right corner.
Universal 2nd Factor
Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) is an open authentication standard originally developed by Google, Yubico, and NXP Semiconductors that strengthens and simplifies two-factor authentication using a specialized NFC, Bluetooth, or a USB security device such as the Ledger Wallet.
A U2F security key can be used as an additional method of strong, easy to use, and a highly private second factor of verification before performing logins, password changes, API key creation, account modifications, changes to sensitive security measures, and confirming withdrawals.