There are a number of steps users can take to ensure the safety of their funds.
Immediately upon setting up your Ethfinex account, we recommend for you to implement the following features:
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Lock withdrawals when a new IP address is used.
- Setup a withdrawal confirmation phrase.
- Lock or disable withdrawal addresses for all currencies.
- Disable "Keep Session Alive".
- Limit access to your account based on IP address.
- Enable PGP email encryption.
We strongly advise for all of our users to create a strong password, which is both unique to your Ethfinex account and supported by 2FA. Your overall security score can be found in the top right corner.