To make a trade on Ethfinex, follow the steps outlined below:
- Make sure your funds are on your Exchange wallet. To transfer funds to your Exchange wallet, follow the steps outlined here.
- Find to the Trading page and select the pair you wish to trade (e.g. NEC/ETH - buying NEC using ETH)
- In the Order Form, select the Exchange tab.
- Specify the Order Type, Order Size, and Price. Choosing Market Order will result in your order being executed at the current market price.
- When you have specified the type of order, size and price, click Exchange Buy or Exchange Sell to execute.
Using the NEC/ETH example outlined above, Exchange Buy would purchase NEC using your ETH whereas Exchange Sell would sell your existing NEC for ETH.
Your order should now appear in the Orders section, visible below the chart. Once your order is executed, your funds will be credited to your Exchange Wallet and the executed (or canceled) order will now move to the Order History tab.
Making your first trade on any exchange can be a little stressful and it often seems like there are many different things to choose from. We’ve put together another example below to help you make sense of it all.
The picture above shows an Order Form for the ETH/USD pair. At the very top you can choose between Exchange (regular buying and selling) or Margin (financed trading; trading on leverage).
The first box, Limit, shows you the type of order. A limit order allows you to specify the exact price and quantity you want (in contrast to e.g. a market order, which executes immediately against the best price available.
The second box, Price USD, is the price you wish to pay/receive per ETH. The third box, Amount ETH, is the total amount of ETH you wish to buy or sell. To buy ETH, click exchange buy; to sell ETH, click exchange sell.
We’ve put together a couple of resources which will help guide you -
For more information on trading, visit our Trading on Ethfinex support centre.