2019 Token Listing process
In March 2019 we implemented our re-designed voting process for tokens using the EVT (Ethfinex Voting Tokens) token. EVT is distributed every month to holders of Nectar tokens (the exchange token of Ethfinex), or is available for purchase on Ethfinex. Since Nectar tokens (NEC) are earned by trading on Ethfinex, this ensures that the biggest stakeholders of Nectar (NEC), who overlap heavily as the biggest traders on our exchange, determine which tokens get listed. We think this is a good thing both for our community of traders, as well as for the communities of tokens who end up being listed. Ethfinex Voting Tokens (EVTs) will expire every month, and as such, are not to be considered a long-term investment. We are excited to partner with the Kleros Token Curated Registry - where anyone can put forward a token to be listed.
- You can view the current voting round and find out how to vote at: https://nectar.community/tokens.
- If you wish to apply for a token to be listed, please visit here - your application must meet these criteria.
- On the second Friday of each month, all tokens in the pool will be entered into a draw, with the 12 winners then becoming available to vote for.
For background on what changes we made and why we updated the process, please see here.
Since Ethfinex does not charge any listing fees, our number one focus is on ensuring that we list high-quality tokens, which our community of users are interested in. This means that inevitably our number one criteria to list a token is based on technical progress.
Our improved token listing process involves EVT holders voting monthly for 12 tokens, and is another step towards our eventual community governance on Ethfinex.
We welcome all your feedback and encourage you to stop by our Telegram with any thoughts you may have.
- Login or sign up to Ethfinex.
- Deposit ETH or any other listed ERC20 token.
- Convert your ETH or ERC20 token to USD using the Trade feature on Ethfinex.
- Purchase Ethfinex Voting Tokens (EVT) through the EVT/USD pair.
- Withdraw your EVT to an external Ethereum wallet.
- You can vote by connecting your Metamask, Ledger or Ethereum Keystore wallets to nectar.community.
- The Ethfinex Voting Tokens are distributed monthly to Nectar (NEC) holders in a 1:1 ratio.
- Whilst the main purpose of EVTs is for the Ethfinex community to vote which tokens will be listed, users are also able to trade EVT on Ethhfinex against a EVT/USD pair.
- EVT is not a good long term investment - EVT tokens expire and disappear every month. The EVT market is stopped before voting ends to ensure plenty of time is left for remaining EVT tokens to be withdrawn for voting purposes.
- EVT are spent when voting for one of the tokens on the list, or trading on the Ethfinex platform. All remaining EVT not used in voting expire at the end of the voting period and the EVT markets on Ethfinex are then cleared. Users will be required to vote or sell the EVT before expiration to avoid any loss.
- Tokens withdrawn to external wallets will also expire and balances will disappear at the end of the voting period. This is automatic and will expire across all Wallets. EVT are then reissued based on users updated NEC balances, to be used in the next token listing vote and when the EVT market begins again.
- This time, to incentivise earlier voting and avoid a rush to the post, EVTs are worth double at the start of the vote, with power diminishing linearly to one towards the end of the vote.
Day 1 2x
Day 2 1.833x
Day 3 1.667x
Day 4 1.500x
Day 5 1.33xx
Day 6 1.167x
Day 7 1x