How do I participate in the Ampleforth token sale on Tokinex?
- Register for a Bitfinex or Ethfinex account (or login to your existing account)
- Navigate to the Ampleforth token sale page on Tokinex
- Download the Blockpass App and complete the KYC process
- Fund your Bitfinex or Ethfinex exchange wallet with BTC
- When the sale opens, contribute BTC between the min and max allocation
- Wait for your AMPL tokens to be deposited in your Bitfinex and Ethfinex exchange wallets (a few weeks later)
What are the KYC requirements for the Ampleforth sale?
Please note that users with a passport or proof-of-address document from the following countries are not permitted to participate in the Ampleforth token sale:
Cuba, Pakistan, North Korea (DPRK), Iran, Syria, Ukraine (Crimea), USA, and Venezuela, Ethiopia, Iraq, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Vanuatu, or Yemen
Prior to starting the Blockpass KYC Process for the Ampleforth token sale, please ensure that you have the following details ready:
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Eligible proof of address requirements:
- Banking statement, utility bill or government document (council, property or residential tax) that is either a scanned or digital copy issued within 12 months
- The document must include your first name, last name, postal address, issue date, Account Number / Customer Number / Customer ID, Issuing/sending Company Name/logo
- Languages: English is preferred, and will speed up the KYC process, but other languages are also accepted.
Blockpass KYC walkthrough
Tokinex use the third party BlockPass app to fulfil the KYC requirements for Ampleforth. This is entirely independent of the Ethfinex & Bitfinex exchange account verification process and has several benefits:
- Users stay in control of their data as it is stored locally until submitted to Tokinex. Tokinex then deletes the data after the sale.
- If users keep their profile up-to-date on the Blockpass app after first setup, then this can be used quickly for future Tokinex token sales.
- Users can use their Blockpass profile for other services/websites that accept Blockpass as their KYC verification service.
Download the BlockPass phone app either for Android or IOS.
Create an account and verify your email address.
Navigate to the profile section using the menu in the top left hand corner of the screen and fill in all sections of your profile.
Once you have built your profile, navigate to the 'Verifiers' section of the app. Here you will see three verifiers ('Passport Authentication', 'Sanctions List', 'PEP', and 'Face Match'). Submit your profile data to each of the three verifiers and wait for the certificates to show in the 'Certificates' section of the app - it can take up to one business day to obtain all three certificates.
At no point will you have to pay any fee, or spend any PASS tokens
Troubleshoot: look out for any notifications from any of the verifiers in case you need to provide more information, such as uploading a clearer passport photo.
Once you have obtained all three certificates (check this using the 'Certificates' section of the app), use the QR code scanner (top right hand corner of the app) to scan the QR code on the Ampleforth token sale page and submit your profile to Tokinex
Your KYC application will show as submitted in the Tokinex website and will be reviewed by the Tokinex team. Additional profile data may be requested if needed.
Why use Blockpass?
The BlockPass app is a third party service (app) which allows a user to maintain an identity profile and pass certain KYC and AML checks.
The advantage of using the BlockPass app for the user is that they can use their BlockPass profile to enter other token sales on any website or token sale platform that accepts the BlockPass service to verify identity.
Once a user has completed the BlockPass KYC checks once, it will be easy to enter future Tokinex token sales by simply scanning the QR code on future token sale pages.
The BlockPass service has been tailored to suit Tokinex Token Sales and is much quicker than the full Ethfinex/Bitfinex account verification (needed for banking and earning NEC tokens)
Where should I go if I have a question about Blockpass or the Tokinex sale process?
Please ask your question in the Ethfinex Telegram group or email email@example.com
Where should I go if I have technical or commercial questions about Ampleforth?
Please ask your questions in the Ampleforth Telegram group
What is Ampleforth?
Ampleforth is a digital-asset-protocol for producing smart commodity-money. Founded with a mission to create fair, politically independent money, the protocol’s creators noticed that commodity-monies like gold and silver are naturally fair and independent. Unfortunately, commodity-monies cannot efficiently respond to changes in demand, making them a poor substitute for central-bank-money.
To address this shortcoming, the project's founders designed a synthetic commodity-money that propagates price-information into supply, much like how thermal expansion propagates nearby kinetic energy into a material’s volume in the natural world. This protocol allows its units (Amples) to avoid the deflationary problems of fixed-supply commodities without requiring a central authority. For more information visit ampleforth.org
Where can I find out more information about Ampleforth?
How long do I have to wait until I receive the tokens?
Ampleforth and Tokinex aim to distribute the AMPL tokens within a few weeks of the sale end.
Will token balances in my wallet change?
Yes. The unique nature of the Ampleforth protocol means that once per day, the amount of tokens in your exchange or private wallet will either increase or decrease depending if the market price of 1 AMPL is above or below $1.
For more information about this mechanism, please see the Ampleforth Whitepaper
Is there a fee associated with token sale contributions?
No - you do not need to pay any fee to contribute to the sale.
Do I need to buy PASS tokens to complete Blockpass KYC process?
No, you do not need PASS tokens to complete the process.
The offering of tokens for sale does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of those tokens. You should always do your own research and seek your own legal and financial advice before any participation.